Candace Owens is a prominent conservative political commentator and activist in the United States. She is known for her controversial opinions on race relations, feminism, and liberal policies. Owens has garnered a significant following among right-wing audiences in recent years.
Candace Owens Early Life and Background
Candace Amber Owens was born in Stamford, Connecticut, on April 29, 1989. She grew up in a middle-class family with a brother named Ben Owens. Her parents worked in administration roles.
Owens attended Stamford High School, where she excelled academically. However, she has described having negative social experiences in high school related to her race.
After graduating high school in 2007, Owens attended the University of Rhode Island. However, she dropped out after her junior year due to an issue with a student loan.
Candace Career Beginnings
After dropping out of college, Owens worked a series of office jobs in Connecticut. She also launched a blog focused on celebrity gossip in 2010 called Degree180. The blog gained popularity and notoriety but shut down in 2012 after Owens received threats of legal action.
In 2015, Owens worked at Vogue Magazine for a brief stint handling administration. However, she became disillusioned with the corporate environment and left the job after two months.
Transition to Conservatism
A significant turning point in Owens’ life came in 2016 when she faced racial discrimination in an incident in Stamford, Connecticut. Owens was trying to open a rental property but ran into obstacles from the city’s zoning board.
Frustrated by the experience, Owens began questioning liberal policies. She increasingly adopted conservative principles and became an advocate for black conservatism.
Career as Political Commentator
In 2017, Candace Owens gained attention for her pro-Trump YouTube videos, which criticized liberal rhetoric around structural racism and identity politics.
That same year, she was recruited by conservative advocacy group Turning Point USA to serve as their Communications Director. Owens traveled to universities as a spokesperson to promote conservative values.
In 2018, Kanye West tweeted praise for Owens, boosting her popularity. She soon launched a show called “The Candace Owens Show,” which discussed right-wing viewpoints around racism, abortion, and other hot topics.
Owens left Turning Point USA in 2019 but continued growing her brand. She launched a podcast called “Candace” and a PragerU website where she posts video commentaries.
Today, Owens has over 3 million followers on Instagram and 2 million on Twitter. She is considered one of America’s most influential young, conservative voices.
Candace Owens Views and Controversies
Candace Owens holds controversial views that energize her right-wing audience but also draw intense criticism from liberal opponents. Some of her most controversial opinions include:
- Rejecting the existence of systematic racism against black Americans. Owens argues that institutional racism is an excuse used by the left.
- Strongly criticizing feminism and the #MeToo movement as detrimental to society and the family unit.
- Rejecting the notion of climate change or calling it exaggerated hysteria. Owens contends climate change activism threatens capitalism and industry.
- Strong opposition to abortion rights. She believes abortions should be illegal except for medical necessity.
- Advocating for strong borders and restrictive immigration policies. Owens contends immigration should be merit-based.
- Fervent supports tax cuts and supply-side economics as the best model for continued US prosperity.
Owens regularly advocates for these positions on Fox News and other conservative media outlets. She has feuded publicly with media figures on the left who take issue with her claims.
Candace Owens Net Worth
Candace Owens has amassed significant wealth at a young age through her media career as an influential conservative pundit. Her net worth is estimated at around $2 million as of 2022.
Owens brings in revenue through platforms like her podcast, website, paid speeches, and partnerships. The provocative nature of her content also allows it to spread widely, earning ad revenue on YouTube and Facebook.
As her media platforms and reputation continue to grow, Owens’ net worth is also expected to increase steadily. Her financial security will ensure she remains a prominent right-wing voice in the future.
Personal Life and Husband
2019 Candace Owens married British citizen George Farmer in a small ceremony. Farmer is the son of a member of the House of Lords in the UK. However, Owens resides full-time in the US.
Owens and Farmer have one child together, a son named Thatcher, born in 2021. Owens has stated becoming a mother has reinforced her conservative principles and made her even more committed to her causes.
Unknown Facts about Candace Owens
Here are some lesser-known facts about the controversial commentator:
- She was originally very liberal in her early 20s but changed her political views after negative experiences.
- Candace Owens won a $37,500 settlement from the Stamford Board of Education over discriminatory treatment.
- She is a fine artist and painter. Owens has done portraits of figures like President Trump.
- In college, Owens started a satirical blog mocking the intensity of liberal politics at her university.
- Her political mentor is Charlie Kirk, founder of Turning Point USA, who recruited her to the organization.
- Owens played the violin for many years as a classically trained musician.
- She is the cousin of actress Megalyn Echikunwoke.
- Owens applied for a Connecticut state license plate called “UNAPOLOGETIC” but was denied over aggression concerns.
Candace Owens has risen from an anonymous blogger to one of America’s most recognized conservative voices in just a few years. She built up her media platforms by making controversial attacks on liberal politics that appealed to right-wing audiences.
Owens shows no signs of toning down her rhetoric or compromising her beliefs. Her net worth will likely continue rising as her fame and follower count grows. Though a polarizing figure, Owens has undoubtedly left her mark on America’s political conversation at a young age.
How old is Candace Owens?
Candace Owens is currently 33 years old. She was born on April 29, 1989, in Stamford, Connecticut.
Who is Candace Owens husband?
In 2019, Candace Owens married George Farmer, a British citizen and the son of Lord Michael Farmer, a member of the House of Lords in the United Kingdom.
What is Candace Owens net worth?
Candace Owens has accumulated an estimated net worth of around $2 million. She has earned her wealth through her career as a conservative political commentator, podcast host, and media figure.
Who is Candace Owens married to?
Candace Owens is married to George Farmer. The two tied the knot in 2019 in a small ceremony, although Owens resides full-time in the United States while Farmer calls the UK home.
What is Candace Owens height?
Candace Owens is reportedly 5 feet 6 inches tall.
What is Candace Owens husband’s net worth?
George Farmer’s net worth is not publicly known. However, his father, Lord Michael Farmer, has a net worth estimated to be around $100 million from his career in finance.